God loves you.
The Bible says, "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:16). You are a part of the world that God loves. God loves you very much and He wants to have a special relationship with you. You are an important person to God. Do you know that God loves you?
God loves you, but...
You have sinned.
The Bible says, "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23). Breaking a rule is an example of sin. Another example of sin would be getting mad at your parents because they do not allow you to watch a certain program on TV. Sin is an action or thought that God does not like. Sin is disobeying God. How have you sinned?
You have sinned and...
Your sin separates you from God.
The Bible says, "But your iniquities [sins] have separated you from your God; your sins have hidden his face from you, so that he will not hear" (Isaiah 59:2). The Bible also says, :For the wages of sin is death" (Romans 6:23). Because of your sin, you cannot be with God and He cannot be with you.
What separates you from God?
Sin separates you from God, but...
Jesus died for your sin.
The Bible says, "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son [Jesus]" (John 3:16). God sent Jesus into the world so He could die for our sins. Because Jesus died, your sins can now be forgiven. Because of Jesus, you can now have a special relationship with God. The Bible also says, "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8). Why did Jesus die?
Jesus died, but...
Jesus now lives.
The Bible says, "Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures" (1Corinthians 15:3-4). Jesus died for our sins, was buried, and three days later, God raised Him back to life. The Bible also tells us that because Jesus is alive, "He is able to save completely those who come to God through him" (Hebrews 7:25). What happened after Jesus died?
Jesus is alive, and...
Jesus can be with you!
The Bible says to have a special relationship with God, you must:
1. Repent - Understand that you are a sinner (disobey God) and that you must turn from your sin. To repent, tell God you have sinned, ask Him to forgive you, and ask Him to help you obey Him. The Bible says, "Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out" (Acts 3:19)
2. Believe - You must believe that Jesus died for you and that He is alive today. You must believe that Jesus is the only way for you to get to heaven. The Bible says, "Yet to all who received him [Jesus], to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God" (John 1:12).
3. Receive - You must invite Jesus to come into your life to be your Lord and Savior. By inviting Him into your life, you are promising to obey Him in all areas of your life.
The important question for you now is...
Do you want to accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior?
God allows you to make this decision. When you repent of your sins, believe in Jesus, and receive Him into your life, God forgives your sins. He then comes into your life to be YOUR Lord and Savior. When this happens, you will have a new and special relationship with God. You will be His child and one day you will get to be with Him forever!
You can do these three things through...
If you truly want this special relationship with God, then, from your heart, pray this prayer or one like this in your own words to God:
Dear God, thank You that You love me. I believe Jesus died for me and is alive today. I know Jesus is the only way for me to have a special relationship with You. I know that I am a sinner, and that my sin is against You. Please forgive me of all my sins. Help me to obey and please You the rest of my life. Jesus, I invite You to come into my life to be my Lord and Savior. I choose to live for You instead of myself. Thank You for hearing me and answering this prayer. In Jesus' name. Amen.
If you prayed this prayer and meant it with all your heart, then you are now a child of God! Being a Christian is great. Now you need to begin growing in your new life as a Christian. To grow as a new Christian, you should:
• Be baptized (see Matthew 28:19).
• Go to church with other Christians (see Hebrews 10:25).
• Read and study your Bible (see 2 Timothy 2:15).
• Pray (see 1 Thessalonians 5:17).
• Tell others about Jesus (see Acts 1:8).
The Bible says, "But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ" (2 Peter 3:18).